"Metadata is a love note to the future"

Thomas Sødring Thomas.Sodring at hioa.no
Wed Jun 21 09:30:33 CEST 2017

Nice catches Petter.

When it comes to machine learning, I would like to autoclassify new incoming documents based on existing documents. Take for example the Hallingdal kommuner that I worked with.  I generated 7 database dump extractions with related documents. The classification code and other metadata and documents are linked. So we could try a machine learning training run on 2 of the extractions and verify the algorithm on the other 5.  There are so many factors that we can finetune and play with during such experiments.

The limiting factor here is privacy laws, but we could do this without ever looking at the sensitive data, but it would require a strict technical setup at an IKA.

 - Tom