"Docker in Production: A History of Failure"

Thomas Sødring thomas.sodring at hioa.no
Sun Mar 5 11:05:20 CET 2017

This reminds me of when I played with virtual machines a number of years
ago. I'll never forget the amount of times my vm images ended up
corrupted! There were no good tools to recover them either. I guess
docker is in a similar place, as the technology is still "fresh". We
aren't locked to docker as you can run it from maven or from the command
line anyway.

A new trend is serverless infrastructure, which may be where we are
headed. Still haven't wrapped my head around that one, but this space is
definitely changing. Even if docker is experiencing teething symptoms,
it's still worth wrapping the project in it. We will also require a
service to convert documents to PDF/A format and I like the docker
approach. As it stands, this project kinda is beginning to look like a
microservices architecture.

 - Tom