Running noark5-validator/src/importExtraction.php on Debian and MySQL

Ole Aamot oka at oka.no
Sun May 21 16:49:04 CEST 2017

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 12:35 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:

> [Ole Aamot]
> > I sucessfully installed the Noark5 database with noark5-validator in a
> > MySQL database on Debian unstable.
>
> Very good.  Any idea how hard it would be to change its code writing to
> mysql to talk to the service API and store the imported content in the
> nikita database instead?  It would allow us to import existing
> extractions into the API database.

I think it may be possible since it appears to me that Thomas Sødring
has already written PHP code for importing XML in
noark5-validator/src/importExtraction.php from
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KDRS-SA/noark5-validator/master/src/resources/test-uttrekk/uttrekk1/n5uttrekk/arkivuttrekk.xml

> I realise some fields are not going to be possible to set because they
> are automatically set by the API, but it would be very useful to import
> the rest.
>
> > This creates 52 Noark5 tables and populates the MySQL database with noark5
> > tables and the data in
> > noark5-validator/src/resources/test-uttrekk/uttrekk1/info.xml
>
> So far I believe the API is able to handle these:

Can you describe these tables and their purpose in Noark5?

> > +-------------------------------+
> > | Tables_in_noark5              |
> > +-------------------------------+
> > | basic_record                  |
> > | basic_record_keyword          |
> > | case_file                     |
> > | classification_system         |
> > | correspondence_part           |
> > | document_description          |
> > | document_object               |
> > | file                          |
> > | file_keyword                  |
> > | fonds                         |
> > | fonds_creator                 |
> > | keyword                       |
> > | record                        |
> > | record_correspondence_part    |
> > | registry_entry                |
> > | series                        |
> > | series_classfication_system   |
> > | series_storage_location       |

Is the Nikita Noark5 Core storing the data in the MySQL database, in
memory (Java) or both?

Best,
Ole Aamot