Building nikita-noark5-core/web on Debian stretch

Ole Aamot oka at oka.no
Mon May 22 11:46:41 CEST 2017

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com>
wrote:
> [Ole Aamot]
>>> Is runtest able to talk to the API?  If so, I guess the API is working
>>> and the problem is in the browser.
>> I have run nikita-noark5-core by entering "make" in
src/nikita-noark5-core
>> and the web client by entering "make run" in
>> src/nikita-noark5-core/web/
>
> Same as I.  But is runtest from the noark5-tester git repo able to talk
> to the API?

Yes, noark5-tester/runtest is able to talk to the nikita-noark5-core API!

$ ./runtest --baseurl http://localhost:8092/noark5v4/
[...]
676 successes, 14 failures, 279 expected failures

>> From the JavaScript console in Chrome for http://localhost:3000/
>> experimental/login.html
>>
>> angular.js:12587 OPTIONS http://localhost:8092/noark5v4//auth
>> net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
>> client.js:99 helloundefined
>
> Sound like some CORS problem.
>
>> Do I have to populate a MySQL database with username ("admin") and
>> password ("password") before I can login?
>
> Are you sure you are using MySQL?  I use the RAM database that is
> selected by default when running 'make'.  The users are created
> automatically when the RAM database is initialized.

I haven't yet configured MySQL for storage in nikita-noark5-core except
in the PHP import script in src/noark5-validator/src/importExtraction.php
so I guess I am using the RAM database for nikita-noark5-core.

>> How about making it possible to select login domain in the web client
>> from a list of servers such as localhost:8092, nikita.hioa.no:8092,
>> nikita.nuug.no:8092, etc.?
>
> That would be cool.  Patches welcome.  See also

I guess some kind of global service for discovering and finding noark5
servers is necessary or is a static list of the FQDN of servers enough?

As far as I can tell on

https://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.xhtml?&page=109

the Internet service port number 8092 is available and not yet registered.

Has the port number 8092 been sent for registration with IANA or do you
plan to register it for nikita-noark5-core?

Best,
Ole Aamot