Building nikita-noark5-core/web on Debian stretch

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon May 22 11:57:52 CEST 2017

[Ole Aamot]
> Yes, noark5-tester/runtest is able to talk to the nikita-noark5-core
> API!

Very good.  Then my guess is that the cross site protection in the
browser (CORS) is messing it up for you.  Do not know how to avoid it
when it trigger, but believe Thomas did some work regarding this on the
nikita.hioa.no site.

> I guess some kind of global service for discovering and finding noark5
> servers is necessary or is a static list of the FQDN of servers
> enough?

For now, I believe a static list of server URLs is enought.  Should
probably be stored in the config file.

> As far as I can tell on
>
> https://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.xhtml?&page=109
>
> the Internet service port number 8092 is available and not yet
> registered.

Good.  Then we are not messing with other peoples port number. :)

> Has the port number 8092 been sent for registration with IANA or do
> you plan to register it for nikita-noark5-core?

I expect production sites to run the API service behind a reverse proxy
with HTTPS/443 as its port, so IANA registration seem inappropritate.

--
Vennlig hilsen