Travis report build failure as success?

Alexander Alemayhu alexander at alemayhu.com
Sun May 28 22:50:32 CEST 2017

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 09:28:03PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> Hi Alexander.  We discovered a strange thing with the Travis run on
> Nikita.  The code failed to build, but Travis claimed the build was
> successfull.  Check out
>
> Any idea what happened here?
One of my update scripts was checking for a branch named 'upstream' but the
local repository had it named 'fork' so the changes from your repository were
never applied locally. Not sure how I missed this, but the travis setup was
about 309 changes behind.

I fixed my setup, but would suggest moving or creating a fork of your tester
repository to HiOA-ABI and from there create a automated build[0] similar to
what we did for the core. Alternatively the tester repository cloud be added as
a git sub module and then travis builds the container itself, which seems even
better IMO.

Let me know what you think and I will try to squeeze in time for it.

For completeness below is the script I was referring to
	#!/bin/bash

	temp_log=/tmp/nikita-update.log

	# Update nikita projects

	# Updating my fork is enough because of the Docker auto build setup
	cd $HOME/src/github.com/scanf/nikita-noark5-core/ >> $temp_log
	linux-dev upstream >> $temp_log

	# Here we actually need to deploy to docker hub
	cd $HOME/src/github.com/scanf/noark5-tester/ >> $temp_log
	git fetch --all >> $temp_log
	git reset --hard origin/master
	make docker_deploy >> $temp_log

linux-dev: https://github.com/scanf/Scripts/blob/master/linux-dev