nikita 0.2 released

Thomas Sødring thomas.sodring at oslomet.no
Thu Oct 18 09:00:32 CEST 2018

Folks,

We are pleased to announce that we have released 0.2 of nikita.

A high level overview of the work that has been carried out is detailed in:

https://gitlab.com/OsloMet-ABI/nikita-noark5-core/blob/master/NEWS.md

You can also get an insight into the the work from the developer-notes

https://gitlab.com/OsloMet-ABI/nikita-noark5-core/blob/master/docs/general/developer-notes.md

Some of the main features of this release is that it has enabled us to
move towards a TDD (Test Driven Development) approach. We have moved to
creating documentation directly from tests so documentation should
always be up to date. We have upgraded to the latest spring libraries
and support a range of authentication methods. We are getting OData
support in place and have an implementation of JSON Patch for updates.

We are discussing a lot of interesting stuff going forward and you are
welcome to join us on #nikita. We are looking at using elastic search
for indexing both documents and the database. We are also working export
and import.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the project!

 - Tom