nikita 0.3 released

Thomas Sødring thomas.sodring at oslomet.no
Sat Mar 23 08:52:26 CET 2019

Folks,

We are pleased to announce that we have released 0.3 of nikita.

A high level overview of the work that has been carried out is detailed in:

https://gitlab.com/OsloMet-ABI/nikita-noark5-core/blob/master/NEWS.md

You can also get an insight into the the work from the developer-notes

https://gitlab.com/OsloMet-ABI/nikita-noark5-core/blob/master/docs/general/developer-notes.md

This is very much a incremental release. We have a had a look backwards on the code
and worked on bug-fixes and undertaken improvements. We introduce the browse capability, which
is useful when discussing structural issues with data. We have started support for
pagination and undertaken some experimental work on block chain integration. The project has
also spent a lot of energy on the interface standard and we drafted a description on how
business specific metadata should be supported. We have a good number of pull requests in, on
clarifying issues with the standard. We have also tested Evrys Noark core that claims compliance with the interface standard and are in dialog about issues there. This has shown that there is a further need to standardise the entry point to a Noark API.

We are discussing a lot of interesting stuff going forward and you are welcome to join us on #nikita. Going forward we are working on export, import, pagination, odata and business specific metadata. We are also looking at how a private collection of documents can be sorted and imported to a Noark core via the interface standard.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the project!

 - Tom