On metadata and interoperability

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Feb 24 12:55:05 CET 2020

[Thomas Sødring]
> David who I work with shared the following link from the same author,
> that I also found very interesting. The title is interesting,
> metacrap! Worth a read.
>
> https://people.well.com/user/doctorow/metacrap.htm

I find that this explain quite well why I believe the archive need to be
the best and easiest place to find the information in the archive, for
the archive to contain good quality metadata.  Information that is used
regularly will be improved by those that use it regularly, if they can
improve it.  Just look at Wikipedia.

It also explain why it is futile to expect the vendors to solve the need
for good metadata spesifications, and why one should use automatically
generated instead of manually added metadata when possible. :)

--
Happy hacking