Article on various server/client communications

Thomas John Sødring tsodring at oslomet.no
Tue Mar 19 08:41:23 CET 2024

Hi,

I came across the following post on HN today:

https://rxdb.info/articles/websockets-sse-polling-webrtc-webtransport.html

A typical use-case in nikita is to send event information from the server to the client. An example of this is to handle information about the sending of an outgoing email from nikita or a new email that has arrived, that should be processed.

I have found this use-case difficult as it is not something that is standardised in the API spec and likely is something that will not be standardised. I have until now never really had an overview of how this kind of communication should be handled and the above article does a nice job on providing a high-level overview.

Thomas