[NUUG patent] "The Myth of the Sole Inventor"

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Aug 10 17:09:01 CEST 2011

Fra <URL: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1856610 >:

Abstract:

  The theory of patent law is based on the idea that a lone genius can
  solve problems that stump the experts, and that the lone genius will
  do so only if properly incented. We deny patents on inventions that
  are "obvious" to ordinarily innovative scientists in the field. Our
  goal is to encourage extraordinary inventions ? those that we
  wouldn?t expect to get without the incentive of a patent.

  The canonical story of the lone genius inventor is largely a
  myth. Edison didn?t invent the light bulb; he found a bamboo fiber
  that worked better as a filament in the light bulb developed by
  Sawyer and Man, who in turn built on lighting work done by
  others. Bell filed for his telephone patent on the very same day as
  an independent inventor, Elisha Gray; the case ultimately went to
  the U.S. Supreme Court, which filled an entire volume of
  U.S. Reports resolving the question of whether Bell could have a
  patent despite the fact that he hadn?t actually gotten the invention
  to work at the time he filed. The Wright Brothers were the first to
  fly at Kitty Hawk, but their plane didn?t work very well, and was
  quickly surpassed by aircraft built by Glenn Curtis and others ?
  planes that the Wrights delayed by over a decade with patent
  lawsuits.

Har ikke lest mer en oppsummeringen, men den ser veldig interessant
ut.  Fant den via debatten på

Vennlig hilsen,