[NUUG video] Should flumotion java applet support video/ogg mime type?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Sep 22 11:23:16 CEST 2008

I just tested using the java applet in cortado-mmjs-stripped-0.2.2.jar
to play a Ogg Theora video on a web page.  IT failed, with the message
"unknown type: video/ogg" displayed in the lower part of the applet
window.

Am I doing something wrong?  I believed video/ogg was the MIME type to
use for Ogg video, and the propoer type registered with IANA.
audio/ogg is also registered, as far as I can see.

I am trying to play
if you want to test this yourself.

Happy hacking,