[NUUG video] DV file from yesterday - no audio?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Nov 11 10:22:15 CET 2009

The DV file for yesterdays presentation is now uploaded to

When I try to play this file in vlc and gmplayer, there is no audio.
I suspect this is because there were no audio in the initial DV
source, and thus the file header state that there is no audio in the
file.

I tried splitting up the file using dvgrab, and found audio in the
file fragments.  No idea how to recover from this situation.

I've started "../bin/process-dv ../raw/20091110-digitaleksamen.dv" in
~ftp/pub/video/published/, but suspect the result will be without
audio too. :(

Happy hacking,