[NUUG video] The hardware of voip.nuug.no have been replaced

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Jan 9 20:15:52 CET 2010

On friday, I decided to take the opportunity to replace the hardware
of voip.nuug.no.  A long and complicated history is behind this, but
it is not relevant for this email.

The machine voip.nuug.no used to be a Dell PowerEdge 2550 borrowed
from the Skolelinux project.  This machine is now thrown away, while
the hard drives was kept and moved into the new hardware.

The new hardware is a Dell PowerEdge 2850 with 2 GB memory, and as
this is a replacement for the old 2550, I consider this too to be the
property of the Skolelinux project.

There were some problems during boot (failed to find the data LVM
volume), and the machine do not seem to be on the net right now.  I
did not have time to debug this on friday before I had to run for the
kindergarden, but expect to find a solution for these on monday.

JFYI.

Happy hacking,