[NUUG video] The hardware of voip.nuug.no have been replaced

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Jan 11 10:43:54 CET 2010

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> There were some problems during boot (failed to find the data LVM
> volume), and the machine do not seem to be on the net right now.  I
> did not have time to debug this on friday before I had to run for
> the kindergarden, but expect to find a solution for these on monday.

The machine is back on the net (had to change
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules to use the new MAC addresses
of the new network cards), but the partitions are slightly messed up.

The partition problem is probably due to the machine using linux
software raid earlier, and I had forgotten about this and made sure to
configure the hardware raid.  This made the software raid confused.  I
believe this only seriously affected the unused LVM volume group
vg_data, and hope we can use the machine for tuesdays streaming.

It is probably a good idea to reinstall the machine to fix this issue
properly.  Ole Kristian, when is a good time for a reinstall?  What
need to be copied off the machine before such reinstall?

Happy hacking,