[NUUG video] "Why Our Civilization's Video Art and Culture is Threatened by the MPEG-LA"

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon May 3 23:05:02 CEST 2010

<URL:http://www.osnews.com/story/23236/> er ganske grotesk om H.264:

  "You see, there is something very important, that the vast majority
  of both consumers and video professionals don't know: ALL modern
  video cameras and camcorders that shoot in h.264 or mpeg2, come with
  a license agreement that says that you can only use that camera to
  shoot video for "personal use and non-commercial" purposes (go on,
  read your manuals)."

  "You can only use your professional camera for non-commercial
  purposes. For any other purpose, you must get a license from MPEG-LA
  and pay them royalties for each copy sold. I personally find this
  utterly unacceptable."

Høres ut som en god grunn for NUUG å ikke kjøpe slike kamera. :)

Vil kjøper av et kamera trenge en lisens for å bruke det?  Vil slike
vilkår stå seg i norsk rett?  Begge deler virker tvilsomme på meg.

Vennlig hilsen,