[NUUG video] Daily Tech News Show and the Norwegian open channel Frikanalen

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue May 24 08:59:04 CEST 2016

[Tom Merritt]
> The music we use in the show is made for us. We don't have intentions
> of playing any other music except in the coverage of news or
> commentary and in those cases very small snippets sufficient only for
> a given story. Even those limited cases are rare with less than one a
> year occurring.

Very good.  That knowledge should be enough for us to avoid getting an
extra cost for rebroadcasting.

I've imported a month of shows into Frikanalen now.  The script ran over
night, and the result can be seen on

The RSS proved to include some MP3s audio files as well as MPEG4 video
files, so there are three bogus entries in the list (April 30th, May 8th
and May 22th).  I'll get rid of those and already rewrote the script to
ignore audio files in the future.

Next step is automatic scheduling.  So far the recordings have not been
broadcasted.  I hope to change that soon. :)

Btw, is the hardware and software setup you use to record the show
described anywhere?  Seem like an interesting setup for us to learn from
here in Norway. :)

--
Happy hacking