[NUUG kart] waze

Bjørn Kvisli bjorn.kvisli at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 20:41:19 CEST 2010

Har dere sett denne: http://world.waze.com/  ?

Her samles det inn kartdata fra menigmann for at menigmann skal kunne bruke
dem til gratis navigering på mobiltelefon. I tillegg går forretningsmodellen
ut på å selge kartdata til kommersielle brukere.

Her skriver de litt om oss :
"Why doesn't waze work with OpenStreetMaps?
Waze has the technology to create dynamic maps from consumer driving
relatively quickly. This is how we created the map in Israel, but when we
planned on making our app available on the US market, we decided to use an
existing map as a base, rather than start the map building from scratch, and
considered various map providers including OSM and TIGER.

We are committed to keeping waze free for our end users who help build the
system, yet we're a commercial company who's looking to generate revenue down
the line. When looking at the OSM licensing terms, we felt that they might
limit us from certain business models in the future, and, therefore, we
decided to use TIGER maps. This may change in the future, however, and we are
open to potential cooperation with OSM, and other, similar, services."

Vet noen om et navigasjonsprogram for mobiltelefoner med GPS som bruker OSM-
kart?

-Bjørn