[NUUG fiksgatami] Fixmystreet translation for nb_NO.UTF-8

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Thu Jan 15 14:20:45 CET 2009

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Norway is slightly complex.  nb, nn and no are all used, and we can
> expect users to have any of these. :(

Okay, it's not hard to have it use nb no matter which the user is,
you'll just to have a little extra code around the negotiate_language().

> Note that there are some texts that are not translatable at the
> moment.  On the front page, the links at the top, the "Enter a nearby
> GB postcode, or street name and area:" text and the "Get FixMyStreet
> on your iPhone" text is not translatable.  I'll try to make a patch to
> solve these, unless you beat us too it. :)

Yeah, there almost certainly are quite a few strings missing _() around
them and/or will need adjusting for Norwegian word order or similar.
Sorry about that; I did a bit, but wasn't anywhere near perfect as I
didn't actually need it at the time.

I guess you won't want the iPhone line appearing at all (at least, the
app won't work in Norway and isn't translated, and I imagine that would
be quite a bit of work I probably don't have time for).

:-)

ATB,
Matthew