[NUUG fiksgatami] Fixmystreet translation for nb_NO.UTF-8

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Jan 15 15:33:08 CET 2009

[Matthew Somerville]
> Okay, it's not hard to have it use nb no matter which the user is,
> you'll just to have a little extra code around the negotiate_language().

Ack.  Will have a look at it when time permitts.

> Yeah, there almost certainly are quite a few strings missing _()
> around them and/or will need adjusting for Norwegian word order or
> similar.  Sorry about that; I did a bit, but wasn't anywhere near
> perfect as I didn't actually need it at the time.

We will track them down as we see them. :) How do I update the
FixMyStreet.pot file, btw?

> I guess you won't want the iPhone line appearing at all (at least, the
> app won't work in Norway and isn't translated, and I imagine that would
> be quite a bit of work I probably don't have time for).

Yeah.  A goal is to have a iPhone app working for Norway as well, but
it is not top priority.

Btw, I believe there is something localized that should not be.  When
visiting <URL:http://matthew.fixmystreet.com/?pc=london> with the
norwegian translation active, this message show up:

  A fatal arror occurred while trying to load
  Geography::NationalGrid::GB - deg2rad given an argument of '62,5'
  which didn't look like a) a number or b) a string like 52d 5m 32s at
  /usr/share/perl5/Geography/NationalGrid.pm line 74. BEGIN
  failed--compilation aborted at
  /usr/share/perl5/Geography/NationalGrid/GB.pm line 10. Compilation
  failed in require at (eval 58) line 1. BEGIN failed--compilation
  aborted at (eval 58) line 1.

I suspect deg2rad do not understand the norwegian fraction marker ",",
and expect the british one "." instead.

Have not looked into it yet.  Currently trying to figure out why "All
erpots" do not work.  Only get a "HTTP error: 403 Forbidden" message
in the log. :(

Happy hacking,