[NUUG fiksgatami] Confusing question about being anonymous?

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Tue Apr 19 13:18:01 CEST 2011

Hi Petter,

Can issues with FixMyStreet such as this please be reported using the
github issues interface? That is the appropriate location, and more
things are kept out of people's email :) This issue has already been
reported (briefly) some months ago here:
     https://github.com/mysociety/fixmystreet/issues/47

The two strings are different because we changed the wording to make it
more correct (to "publicly", as it could be shown on other sites with
our Guardian collaboration, for example), but this wasn't needed for
ReportEmptyHomes (and we didn't want to lose the Welsh translation), so
they kept the old text (for now). It can probably become just the one
new text once that is picked.

So yes, this can be changed - but I suggest waiting until the Catalyst
move is complete, or at least doing it to that branch. "Show my name
publicly" seems fine to me.

ATB,
Matthew