[NUUG fiksgatami] Notes about new fixmystreet version in Norway

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Sep 12 08:24:14 CEST 2011

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Hi.  Here are some notes on problems with the Catalyst version
> discovered when I upgraded www.fiksgatami.no today:

I just discovered what I believe is a fatal error.

The user login feature is not working properly.  I just added a
comment, <URL:http://www.fiksgatami.no/report/7706#update_5573>, which
I was allowed to do without verifying my email address as I was logged
in.

But as you can see from the comment in the problem report, it was not
reported as myself, but as another user.  How could this happen?  This
mean we can't know the correct name and address of those that added
comments.

Perhaps this is related to the fact that I often get other users
problem reports on <URL: http://www.fiksgatami.no/my >?  I thought
this was a varnish problem (caching other peoples pages), but with the
recent experience I start to wonder if something else is wrong.

Happy hacking,