[NUUG fiksgatami] Updating FiksGataMi

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Fri Nov 21 20:20:35 CET 2014

On 18 November 2014 21:05, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:

> I ran 'su -c pg_dumpall postgres' on www.fiksgatami.no and created
> fiksgatami2-dev.nuug.no:/srv/dbdump-fixmystret-2014-11-18.sql.gz.  Is
> it what you need?

Great. I imported the FMS database and the schema update ran on it smoothly
(apart from noticing I hadn't updated MAPIT_URL!) :-)

Here's what I've done on the new server so far:
1. Ran the install script for fixmystreet
2. Ran the install script for mapit
3. Added dev host names to nginx config (and increased server name bucket
size to allow that)
4. Updated the site configs - e.g. COUNTRY on mapit, ALLOWED_COBRANDS,
MAPIT_URL, etc. on FixMyStreet. This will need checking against your
current configuration, and may not be correct in all areas.
5. Disabled the crontab for FixMyStreet! :)
6. Imported the database dumps for FixMyStreet and MapIt.
7. Ran update-schema on FixMyStreet.
8. Your old installation of MapIt predates any use of Django migrations, so
I had to manually tweak the database to the start of its migrations
(renaming some tables and adding the country/type tables), at which point
the migrations then ran okay (with the loading of the fixture too).

I've noticed one issue to do with date locale strings, which I've put in a
fix for. Other things all seem to be operating okay from a first glance.
You can access the new instances at http://fiksgatami.158.36.191.157.xip.io/
and http://mapit.158.36.191.157.xip.io/

One question - the FMS database dump had some contacts with the area_id
2111, but there is no such area in your MapIt. Do you know what that's
about?

ATB,
Matthew