[NUUG jobbmarked] Senior GTNet Operations Engineer at TraceTracker
Jon Petter Bjerke
Jon.Petter.Bjerke at tracetracker.com
Fri Feb 29 10:17:11 CET 2008
Her er en stillingsutlysning fra min arbeidsgiver, TraceTracker, som jeg
tror kan være aktuell for mange på denne listen. Jeg svarer gjerne på
spørsmål. Se også andre relevante utlysninger på
Jon Petter Bjerke jon.petter.bjerke at tracetracker.com
Location : Oslo, Norway
Department : GTNet Operations
In this position you will be able to exploit nearly anything and everything
you know about application management, hosting and network management, and
at the same time work with state-of-the-art hardware and software used to
implement the Global Traceability Network (GTNet).
GTNet is layered on top of the public Internet and utilizes the same basic
and underlying technology. In addition, the GTNet architecture has many
similarities with the Internet architecture. Your knowledge within Internet
related technologies in large can therefore be directly leveraged to this position.
Your day to day work will consist of, but not necessarily be limited to:
* Network and application management and monitoring
* Installation of new network nodes, hardware and software
* Software and hardware upgrades
* Re-deployment and re-structuring of network
* Scripting, software development, integration tasks to streamline or
automate different processes
Each of the above involve many different sub-tasks and areas of competence.
See below for required competence and skills.
* Solid TCP/IP knowledge, such as
o Basic IP and TCP understanding
o IP routing
o Subnets and netmasks
o TCP application protocols
* Solid Linux competence as a system administrator
o Solid hands-on with one or more Linux dialects like SuSe, Fedora, RedHat Enterprise Linux
o Network configuration(per host), IPtables etc
o Host security issues; configuration, tools
o Basic understanding of how they operate and how they can can be configured
* Web-server operation, configuration and management, preferably with one of:
* Experience from working with and managing J2EE based applications
Useful and desired Qualifications
* Clustering and farming techniques
* Load balancing and failover techniques
* Experience from configuring and managing application servers, preferably one or more of:
o WebSphere Application Server (WAS)
* Network management tools and techniques, i.e.
o Systems like HP Open View, IBM Tivoli and others
* Java programming and J2EE
* Scripting tools in Linux environments, i.e.
o shell programming
* Web technologies
o HTML and XML
Personal Skills and Education
We want team members that work hard to reach our common goals. Your personal skills
can then be described as:
* Solution oriented - get things done
* Service oriented
* Have a passion for the work
* Flourish when things are hectic, enthusiastic and sometimes chaotic
* Have excellent analytical skills and be structured and results orientated
* Have good communication skills in English, both verbally and written
* Effectively communicate ideas and properly describe and document problems and solutions
* Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as being able to contribute and complement in a team environment.
* Have at least 3 years or more of higher education
* Have 3 years or more of relevant work experience from related fields, i.e. host management and network operation in IP-based environments
Why Work at TraceTracker?
TraceTracker is a world leader in its field - whole chain traceability. In markets
where food safety and consumer confidence became ever more important, TraceTracker
established the Global Traceability Network (GTNet) back in 2005. GTNet is a
sophisticated and distributed infrastructure which lets independent trading partners
exchange product information with each other and with consumers. GTNet is built on
the same concepts as the Internet, utilizing the same protocols and technologies.
TraceTracker was founded in 2000 in Oslo, Norway. Now our staff counts more than
50 people in offices all around the world. The corporate headquarter is in Germany
and the centre for product development is in Oslo, Norway. Other regional offices
are located in Milan, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam), Tokyo, San Francisco and
Toronto. The organization is expected to grow and expand significantly in the near
* A fast-paced and competitive working environment with great products and demanding customers
* A competitive package including insurance benefits, health plan, pension and share-based benefits
* Unprecedented personal growth opportunities
* International job opportunities
We can offer interesting challenges in a stimulating, creative and international
working environment within the rapidly expanding field of traceability. Few other
areas of information technology are growing so quickly or will play such a central
role in the coming decade - join the adventure!
How to apply
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and a result-oriented resume to
hr at tracetracker.com, with the position and location in the mail heading.
Jon Petter Bjerke
Direct: +49 6203 794 583
Mobile: +49 177 67 45 409 / +47 4142 3715
Fax: +49 6203 794 581
e-mail: jon.petter.bjerke at tracetracker.com
This is a confidential business communication.
If you have received it in error please notify the sender and delete it.
Any unauthorized use of this communication is prohibited.
Copyright 2006 TraceTracker AG, Heddesheim, Germany
More information about the jobbmarked