[NUUG kart] Yet another tool to convert kartverket data to OSM

Thomas Weidner thomas001le at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 11 13:53:38 CET 2015

Am 11.01.2015 um 11:26 schrieb Ruben Undheim:
> I've been using sosi2osm a lot, and I'm very curious to know what you
> find incomplete with it, because to me it feels quite complete. It
> does the job it says it does - and it does it fast - in the true Unix
> spirit. :p  But now as alternatives appear, I will have to evaluate
> which tool is the best for the job (although there's a threshold for
> me to switch since I already have quite a bit of "infrastructure"
> using sosi2osm)

The only thing which seemed not possible was to output relations for
road routes (collect all ways with the same route number). I cannot
judge if it is easier to extend JSOSIOSM or sosi2osm with custom tag
rules (think of not-so-simple mappings like ElvBekk where you can handle
the river width).
But it is certainly some NIH syndrome here. Maybe one could just copy
tag mappings to sosi2osm?