[NUUG kart] Yet another tool to convert kartverket data to OSM

Håken Hveem krbjhvee at online.no
Sun Jan 11 14:44:49 CET 2015

This tool should perhaps be compatible with linux, as i am one of those
that tries not to use windows.
There is also a Python script here : http://pastebin.com/qUcH4mRe
It looks like it checks/compares data against the Elveg database.
There is also some challenge to include road blocks, the Elveg segments
must sometimes be splitted
because they are in the same place as a existing node that can be
merged, even there is some nodes
that have coordinates that are on a line between road nodes.
I believe that Geir Ove Myhr can explain this better.

At least, there is no good tools and example data that makes a import
from the Elveg database feasible.
In my opinion this must have priority,because the address database was
recently imported via voluntary communal work.
The status is available here:
http://osm.beebeetle.com/addrnodeimportstatus.php