[NUUG kart] Yet another tool to convert kartverket data to OSM

Geir Ove Myhr gomyhr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 22:12:14 CET 2015

Actually, the newest version is here: https://github.com/gomyhr/elveg2osm

> It looks like it checks/compares data against the Elveg database.
> There is also some challenge to include road blocks, the Elveg segments must
> sometimes be splitted
> because they are in the same place as a existing node that can be merged,
> even there is some nodes
> that have coordinates that are on a line between road nodes.
> I believe that Geir Ove Myhr can explain this better.

Yes, but this is solvable reading road block data from the Elveg text
file instead of the SOSI file. What happened here (and other times) is
that I checked some of the data manually and found what seemed to be a
rule for how things are implemented, and when I program based on that
assumption it turns out that it only holds in 80 % of the cases.

> On 11. jan. 2015 14:09, Gnonthgol wrote:
> This is not possible in sosi2osm. I thought about such cases and figured it
> was better to just postprocess the osm files in good tools rather then try
> to implement such tools myself.

Elveg2osm is just such a postprocessing tool. It uses the output from
sosi2osm as input, and then converts the tags (which could also be
done with a lua script with sosi2osm) and merges the data from the
Elveg text files containing speed limits and height restrictions. I
does more than a simple conversion, since one segment in the input may
have to be split in several segments in the output, since one input
segment may have different height restrictions and speed limits.

Geir Ove