AlaveteliCon in Oslo, let's try and make it happen!

Gemma Humphrys gemma at mysociety.org
Tue Jun 27 18:05:18 CEST 2017

Hi Petter,

Thanks for your message.

Here is a budget document for you to have a look at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e3YjZw0B7KP7rxfg140E8WO8hqWjaVVx7ce1wEIkR2g/edit#gid=995134144

The first sheet - Budget 1- is a calculation of costs based on if the event
were held somewhere cheap and basic like here: http://haraldsheim.no/ This
would mean attendees would have to share dormitory bedrooms.

The second sheet - Budget 2- is a calculation based on holding the event in
the Teknologihuset venue you suggested, and putting people up in their own
rooms in hotel(s) in central Oslo.

So there is quite a big difference in the two budgets. If you have any
ideas of how to reduce costs further, let me know!

Approaching political youth parties in Norway sounds like a good idea to
me, let me know how I can help with that. In the meantime, this copy
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/142wYEofhwMsremKGznWUWnAQNE69A77ekkGSGyde_eo/edit>
of the application I made to the Fritt Ord Foundation might help.

In the meantime, I will re-approach the Github Event Sponsorship team, to
see if they'll reconsider our application now we have the NUUG Foundation
support. I'll also continue to think of other funders :)

Cheers,
Gemma.

--

Gemma Humphrys

*Events Manager /** Alaveteli Partnerships Manager *

mySociety | mysociety.org <http://www.mysociety.org/>