0.1 and 0.2 merged

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Feb 8 13:11:17 CET 2017

[Thomas Sødring]
> No, you have not, it was me that misunderstood. I looked a little
> blindly at the REST_REL on page 57. There are only two things that can
> be created of arkivstruktur/, fonds and
> classificationsystem. Everything else has to be attached to some
> exisiting object.

Right.

> Just pushed an update on 0.2 that corrects this.

This comment make me suspect you have the wrong mental model of how git
work.  To me 0.1 and 0.2 would be tags along the master branch.  What is
it to you?  The background is that you commited to the
0.2-REST-Interface branch after it was merged to master, while I would
have commited such fixes to the master branch as I believed the
0.2-REST-Interface branch had fulfilled its purpose after it was merged
into master.

Perhaps we should discuss it on IRC or a video conference?  Ping me on
#nuug (irc.freenode.net) if this is interesting to you.

> I have updated the links but I am unsure what this should retrieve:

> {
>     "href" :
> "http://localhost:8092/noark5v4/hateoas-api/arkivstruktur/arkiv/50c0c66c-c1da-42ee-abf7-e4a337d2a07f/arkiv/",
>     "rel" : "http://rel.kxml.no/noark5/v4/api/arkivstruktur/arkiv/",
>     "templated" : false
>   }
>
> The following should retrieve all (sub)fonds:
>
> {
>     "href" :
> "http://localhost:8092/noark5v4/hateoas-api/arkivstruktur/arkiv/50c0c66c-c1da-42ee-abf7-e4a337d2a07f/underarkiv/",
>     "rel" : "http://rel.kxml.no/noark5/v4/api/arkivstruktur/underarkiv/",
>     "templated" : false
>   }
>

> Any thoughts what the first one should return? or maybe it's just
> another way of saying SELF?

It seem to be a fancy way to say 'self', and I fail to understand why
you would want to include it in _links from the JSON returned when
creating an fond.  It should be enough to return
http://localhost:8092/noark5v4/hateoas-api/arkivstruktur/arkiv/50c0c66c-c1da-42ee-abf7-e4a337d2a07f/.

> I'm also guessing now, your going to expect that all the links work
> and return something! Don't expect them to work at the moment :)

Heh.  Broken links will be reported as failing until they start
working. :)

Did you get the runtest script working now, btw?

--
Happy hacking