nikita 0.5 released

Thomas Sødring tsodring at oslomet.no
Mon Mar 2 14:31:34 CET 2020

Folks,

We are pleased to announce that we have released version 0.5 of nikita. The following is a list of changes since version 0.4:

* Updated to Noark 5 versjon 5.0 API specification.
   - Changed formatting of \_links from [] to {} to match IETF draft
      on JSON HAL.
   - Merged Registrering og Basisregistrering in version 4 to
      combined Registrering.
   - DokumentObjekt is now subtype of ArkivEnhet.
   - Introducing new entity Arkivnotat.
   - Changed all relation keys to use /v5/ instead of /v4/.
   - Corrected to use new official relation keys when possible.
   - Renamed Sakspart to Part and connect it to Mappe, Registrering
      and Dokumentbeskrivelse instead of only Saksmappe.
   - Moved Korrespondansepart connection from Journalpost to
      Registrering.
   - Moved Part and Korrespondansepart from package sakarkiv to
      arkivstruktur.
   - Renamed presedensstatus to presedensStatus.
   - Use new JSON content-type "application/vnd.noark5+json".
   - Updated prepopulated format list to use PRONOM codes.
   - Implemented endpoint for system information.
   - Implemented national identifiers for both file and record.
   - Implemented comments.
   - implemented sign off.
   - implemented conversion.
* Improved/implemented OData search and paging support for more entities.
* No longer exposes attribute Dokumentobjekt.referanseDokumentfil,
   one should use the relation in \_links instead.
* Corrected relation keys under
   https://rel.arkivverket.no/noark5/v5/api/administrasjon/, replacing
   'administrasjon' with 'admin'.
* Fixed several security and stability issues discovered by Coverity.
* Corrected handling ETag errors, now return code 409.
* Improved handling of Kryssreferanse.
* Changed internal database model to use UUID/SystemID as primary keys
   in tables.
* Changed internal database table names to use package prefix.
* Changed time zone handling for date and datetime attributes, to be
   more according to the new definition in the API specification.
* Change revoke-token to only drop token on POST requests, not GET.
* Updated to newer Spring version.
* Changed primary key and URL component for metadata code lists to
   use the 'kode' value instead of a SystemID.
* Corrected implementation of Part and Sakspart.
* Changed instance lists with subtypes (like .../registrering/ and
   .../mappe/) to include the attributes and \_links entries for the
   subtype in the supertype lists.
* Adjusted \_links relations to make it possible to figure out the
   entity of an instance using the self->href->relation key lookup
   method.
* Fixed several end points to make sure GET, PUT, POST and DELETE
   match each other.
* Updated DELETE endpoints to work with UUID based entity
   identifiers.
* Restructured code to use more common URL related constants in entry
   point values and replace @RequestMapping with method specific
   annotations.
* Added first unit test code.
* Updated web GUI to work with the updated API.
* Changed integer fields, enforce them as numeric.
* Rewrote and simplify metadata handling to use common service and
   controller code instead of duplicating for each type.
* Implemented the remaining metadata types.
* Changed Country list source from Wikipedia to Debian iso-codes and
   updated the list of Countries.
* Many many corrections and improvements.

This has also been an incremental release, where we have included bug-fixes and undertaken many improvements.

Going forward for the 0.6 release we will focus on:

  * business specific metadata
  * access control at the object level
  * Introduce freetext search on uploaded documents

Arkivverket has signaled that they are not going to priortise Noark going forward. This has no real bearing on the project as nikita is not dependent on the Noark standard. We will continue working on  Noark as the basis for nikita as there is a lot of best practice record keeping functionality defined in Noark, and we believe that there definitely is space for such a product developed as FOSS.

We are discussing a lot of interesting stuff going forward and you are welcome to join us on #nikita on freenode.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the project!

  - Thomas