Importing Noark 5 extraction? (Was: New release of nikita. Version 0.6)

Ole Aamot ole at aamot.software
Fri Aug 20 08:31:04 CEST 2021

> On Aug 20, 2021, at 8:16 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:
>
> [Ole Aamot]
>> How do I begin export and import from arkivstruktur.xml in Nikita
>> 0.6.0?
>
> The 'import-uttrekk' script from noark5-tester is able to import
> arkivstruktur.xml generated by 'export-all --xml' in the same package.
> With some work it should be able to import other variants too  I
> have not had much test data to work on, so I focused on the latest Noark
> 5 format so far.

Is export/import yet a part in the API of Nikita 0.6.0, Thomas?

Yesterday I have begun work on depot generation in JavaScript in

https://gitlab.com/OsloMet-ABI/nikita-noark5-core/-/blob/master/nikita-noark5-core/web/depot.html
https://gitlab.com/OsloMet-ABI/nikita-noark5-core/-/blob/master/nikita-noark5-core/web/dependencies/internal/depot.js

So far I not aware of the necessary API hooks for exporting a complete “depot” archive in one go or an API method to import archives based on a set of XSD/XML files.

noark5-tester is obviously well-tested and works well with Python, but will a hook for exporting a full depot archive in XSD/XML be implemented with the API in Java?

Best,
Ole