EOFException when uploading document

Gareth Western garwes at arkivverket.no
Mon Aug 23 09:41:32 CEST 2021

Hi,

I hit an exception while uploading documents using the import-uttrekk test script [1]. After some debugging on the server side, it looks like there’s an EOFException being thrown from the DocumentObjectService when trying to make a copy of the incoming file (the call to IOUtils.copyLarge(…)).

Thomas, how did you test uploading files earlier?

Petter, I wonder if the problem is something in the use of urllib in the import-uttrekk script. Is there a reason you favoured the urllib library over the “requests” library? I thought the latter was more robust / well-known, but perhaps there is something in the history in your development of the script? I’ll try replacing it and see if that helps.

Mvh,

Gareth

  1.  https://github.com/petterreinholdtsen/noark5-tester/blob/master/import-uttrekk