Roadmap for Nikita Noark5 Core towards 1.0.0 with H2 database running from nikita-noark5-core-1.0.jar

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Jul 12 13:03:08 CEST 2022

[Ole Aamot]
> Dear Professor Thomas Sødring,

I believe Thomas is currently on vacation, so I take the chance and
provide a comment on one aspect of your list of comments.

> Will it still be possible to run Nikita with the H2 database with
> 1.0.0 or is the new dependency on ElasticSearch dependency blocking
> this?

To get a more sensible free text search, in other words the ability to
find the knowledge stored in the archive, we have been experimenting
with ElasticSearch, and the results are promising.

I guess we all agree that functionallity is more important that ease of
installation, so dropping ElasticSearch only for the purpose of making
it easier to run Nikita, and the cost of a powerful search, is a bad
idea.

--
Happy hacking