Sv: Roadmap for Nikita Noark5 Core towards 1.0.0 with H2 database running from nikita-noark5-core-1.0.jar

Thomas Sødring tsodring at oslomet.no
Tue Jul 12 17:35:00 CEST 2022

I am on holiday, but there's always time to answer questions here if I see them 🙂

My other reply goes into more detail but a point worth remembering that default H2 in nikita is an in-memory database and every  time nikita shuts down any data in memory is lost. So H2 requires saving to file.  H2 was a useful tool to allow someone start nikita and see how she runs without installing many dependencies. nikita has evolved and there are multiple runtime dependencies, but only ES blocks startup. Remember, nikita is not a production ready system at the moment. It is a tool that can be used to study how Noark works and is used for teaching  and research purposes.

 - Thomas