[NUUG video] (fwd) DVswitch 0.8 rc1

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Jan 27 17:01:43 CET 2009

Den bør vel testes godt av videogruppen til NUUG mens Ben har fokus på
å få fikset feil.

----- Forwarded message from Ben Hutchings <ben at decadent.org.uk> -----

From: Ben Hutchings <ben at decadent.org.uk>
To: dvswitch-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:01:07 +0000
Subject: DVswitch 0.8 rc1

In preparation for FOSDEM and PyCon, I've tried to fix the most
important bugs and opportunities for user error.  I believe DVswitch is
now in good shape for a release, even though it doesn't have everything
I wanted to include in version 0.8.

Here's the changelog relative to 0.7; some of these changes were already
released in 0.7.x versions for DebConf 8:

dvswitch (0.8~rc1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Disabled recording at startup
  * Added menu, currently with Quit command
  * Added buttons to GUI for effect selection
  * Changed key commands slightly
  * Allowed changing of primary and secondary video sources without
    cancelling the effect
  * Made dvsink-files create directories as necessary
  * Made dvsource-file reject non-DV files
  * Added support for USB DV sources through dvgrab and the uvcvideo driver
  * Moved source selector buttons to keep window within 1024x768 (depending
    on font selection and window decoration)
  * Added VU-meter for basic audio monitoring
  * Added warning indicator for sources which don't match the selected video
    and audio format
  * Documentation changes:
    - Documented all key commands
    - Changed contact address to dvswitch-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
    - Added notes to (maybe) avoid user mistakes
  * Build system changes:
    - Changed to use cmake
    - Fixed building with current ffmpeg libavcodec library
  * Bug fixes:
    - Changed picture-in-picture selection to maintain frame aspect ratio
    - Restricted picture-in-picture to use the active area of the reduced
      frame
    - Slightly improved colour accuracy of picture-in-picture
    - Fixed cancellation of picture-in-picture selection
    - Fixed crash when user tries to apply picture-in-picture with an empty
      selection
    - Fixed crash when display depth is not 24 or 32
    - Fixed crash when users click in the dvswitch window without any source
      enabled
    - Made dvsource-file work with non-seekable files such as pipes

 -- Ben Hutchings <ben at decadent.org.uk>  Tue, 27 Jan 2009 01:04:43 +0000

A tarball, Debian source package and Debian binaries for i386 etch,
lenny and sid are on Alioth:
<https://alioth.debian.org/frs/?group_id=31092&release_id=1289>.

Please test this release candidate as far as you can and report bugs on
Alioth.  We can also use #debconf-video for live discussion, but it's
not a substitute for the bug tracker.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once.