[NUUG video] Prototype playout system for Frikanalen ready for testing

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Feb 7 21:10:56 CET 2010

Today I completed support for using the broadcast quality video files
for my prototype playout solution for Frikanalen.  The script is
available from
support downloading the DV-AVI files and playing them at the correct
time.

To test this, set up a partition with a lot of free space (probably
like ~150 GB), run 'scheduler -g' to download the files needed, and
then 'scheduler' to play the videos using VLC.

Next step should be to run this on the Mac OSX-machine at Frikanalen,
to see if it work. :)

Happy hacking,