[NUUG video] Daily Tech News Show and the Norwegian open channel Frikanalen

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon May 16 20:37:10 CEST 2016

[Tom Merritt]
> Hi Petter,
>
> Apologies for the confusion. YouTube defaults all videos to standard
> license and I have to manually update that. Even so it still only
> allows me to apply one Creative Commons license.

Yeah, I wish youtube had more options there.  A friend suggested to add
license information in the description and ignoring the license
selection, and it seem like the less bad option with Youtube. :)

> A better source for the videos and a definitive statement of the
> license is at Archive.org.  Each episode is uploaded there and has a
> link in the blog post (It's the section of the post that describes
> multiple versions)

Ah, that is great.  I already have scripts to fetch content from
archive.org. :)

> The archive videos are uploaded with the appropriate Creative Commons
> license
>
> https://archive.org/details/DTNS20160513_201605

Very good.  Which one of the mpeg4 or Ogg Theora source is the
"original" and which is the derived file?  I suspect I am better off
starting with the source file.

Is the unofficial video RSS (aka
to know what the latest episode is?

> I fully support your use of these for the channel!!

Very good.  I'll make a script to fetch the latest entries from
archive.org and schedule them on Frikanalen.  Might take a while before
it is complete, but I will keep you posted.

--
Happy hacking