[NUUG fiksgatami] Fixmystreet translation for nb_NO.UTF-8

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Thu Jan 15 15:38:48 CET 2009

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> How do I update the FixMyStreet.pot file, btw?

The script bci/bin/gettext-extract will create a new main file
locale/FixMyStreet.po from the current code.

Then you need to run, in the nb_NO.UTF-8/LC_MESSAGES directory:

% msgmerge --no-wrap -o FixMyStreet.poN FixMyStreet.po ../../FixMyStreet.po
% mv FixMyStreet.poN FixMyStreet.po

to merge the changes in.

> I suspect deg2rad do not understand the norwegian fraction marker ",",
> and expect the british one "." instead.

Looks like it. Yes, localisation works on everything, so will be
changing decimal points. Will have to add a switch back to English
locale before using those numbers in a call, then switch back (using
mySociety::Locale::change('en-gb') etc. - PledgeBank has to do this in a
number of places.

> Have not looked into it yet.  Currently trying to figure out why "All
> erpots" do not work.  Only get a "HTTP error: 403 Forbidden" message
> in the log. :(

Can't think of anything for that, I'm afraid.

ATB,
Matthew