[NUUG fiksgatami] FixMystreet in Norway?

Tom Steinberg director at mysociety.org
Fri Dec 17 13:36:38 CET 2010

Dear Petter,

On 17 December 2010 12:17, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:
> Following up on this, as we have not seen any replies for our request
> so far.

Unfortunately I have not seen any previous correspondence about this,
and now I see that it is because it was marking all Christer's emails
as spam. So sorry! I am very glad you persisted with emailing today.

> [Christer Gundersen 2010-11-15]
>> We have now gathered some partners who are willing to contribute
>> with funding, we look forward to a response from you on wether if
>> you guys in MySociety can help to bring up the Norwegian website.

> From our point of view it is preferable if the current developers of
> the fixmystreet source code extend it to be more usable outside
> Britain, for several reasons.

This is fantastic news, and we would love to work with you on this
project. I know that everyone in mySociety will be extremely keen to
see this succeed.

The FixMyStreet codebase is quite mature now, and we have learned
quite a lot of lessons about the small things that make running such a
site harder than it seems, so I agree that it would be best if we
could build on what we have here rather than starting with a new team
elsewhere.

There remains, however, one key question, which is how much money
might be available to do this project? Packaging and supporting
software for re-use in other countries is a lot harder than building
it in the first place.

Looking forward to further conversation about this - especially that
doesn't get spammed!

best,

Tom Steinberg