[NUUG fiksgatami] [Website Feedback] Is the source for this site available?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Apr 27 09:47:03 CEST 2011

[Jonathan Hunt]
> The source for FixMyStreet NZ is at
> http://drupal.org/project/fixmystreet
> though it's not plug & play at the moment.

Thank you.  May I ask why you choose to not port the original source
from fixmystreet.com, but instead rewrite from scratch?  In Norway, we
got the source ported and translated instead, and thus could get up
and running in a few weeks. :)

I was hoping to be able to lift your open311 implementation, but that
was before I discovered we use different code bases. :)

> I plan to release the Open311 support via
> http://drupal.org/project/open311
> but the Open311 component is still a work-in-progress and will
> probably only make sense in the context of Drupal.

Right.  I notice you have extended Open311 a bit.  Are you in touch
with the open311 group to try to get the specification extended with
your improvements?

> I have been looking at
> https://github.com/mheadd/PHPOpen311
> but I'm not sure if I will use it or not.

Do you know if there are any perl libraries around to work with
Open311?

Cc to the norwegian mailing list, to allow all our project members to
follow our discussion.

Happy hacking,