[NUUG fiksgatami] [patch] Some updates for the Norwegian Bokmål translation

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Feb 11 13:24:33 CET 2011

[Matthew Somerville]
> The GB has to remain on FixMyStreet - otherwise people in Northern
> Ireland complain :) But this doesn't matter - don't translate it
> literally, translate it as if it says postcode, that's fine; the
> code will presumably work accordingly, I would hope.

Translating is not enough, as those in Norway with browsers configured
to ask for english pages before Norwegian pages (which might be a
majority for all I know), are going to see the English text.  So we
need to ensure the English and Norwegian texts say the same.

This is the reason why I believe branding is needed, and not just
translation.  An alternative would be to force the pages to always
show the norwegian translation, and disable the english version.

> Yes, the FAQ is just a static file, so you can just have your own
> version easily with a minor code change.

Good.  I suspect we just start with a very short FAQ, and extend it as
questions pour in. :)

Happy hacking,