[NUUG fiksgatami] [patch] Some updates for the Norwegian Bokmål translation

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Fri Feb 11 13:37:05 CET 2011

On 11/02/2011 12:24, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Translating is not enough, as those in Norway with browsers configured
> to ask for english pages before Norwegian pages (which might be a
> majority for all I know), are going to see the English text.  So we
> need to ensure the English and Norwegian texts say the same.

Yes, you're quite right. I don't have any information about how people
in Norway have their browsers set up - do you know where we could find some?

> This is the reason why I believe branding is needed, and not just
> translation.  An alternative would be to force the pages to always
> show the norwegian translation, and disable the english version.

We can do any; not have the English version viewable (very easy), give
you your own header/footer (easy), brand other pages as needed to not
have UK-based bits (not as easy but not hard either, we already have
branding for e.g. http://www.guardian.co.uk/edinburgh/fix-my-street ).

ATB,
Matthew